190E rear electric window problem

Rear electric windows used to work sporadically. Now they don't open or close at all. I have the door panel off and checked for power. They are getting power - so it is not the fuse or the switch.

Is there something inside the motor that can be fixed like brushes? Worth taking it apart?

Removing the motor looks straightforward - three bolts. Anything special about removing and replacement that I should know?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Checking for power does NOT rule out the switch. Power is run to both sides of the motor. The switch controls GROUND.

Reply to
Karl

If the car has a child safety lock for the rear windows you might want to check that first before you get into replacing motors.

Reply to
Scott

Take your switch apart for that particular door... but the switch I am talking about is on the center console... take it apart and clean all internal contact spots.

Reply to
Tiger

IIRC there is an additional fuse in the motor itself. At least my brother told me that his W201 had.

BR

Helar

Reply to
Helar Laasik

Thanks to all for the help with the windows.

I removed the windows and motors. When I separated one motor for the gear assembly, water came out. I cleaned the motors as best I could using a solvent contact cleaner and greased the inside of the gear/cable assembly. Then reassembled them. They have been working for a few weeks.

Jim