190E shock replacement

I need to replace my rear shock absorbers. I need to jack up the car and then place a jack stand underneath the rubber lift point provided on the car. Before I do something stupid, where ... other than the rubber lift points... can I jack up the car without causing damage? Appreciate any pointers.

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Jack up the car from the rubber lift point... never place jack stand here. Jack stand will fall off the rubber disc... or rubber disc breaks off and car fall on you.

Jack stand can be placed along beefy part of the frame... or the subframe or underneath the rear arm by the brake... just make sure you don't crush any fuel or brake lines.

Reply to
Tiger