190E Speakers

Where can I find high quality aftermarket speakers for my 1991 MB 190E 2.6. Crutchfield does not have any that fit.

Thane

snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu

Reply to
Thane DeWitt

Any 6x9 will fit if you have a metal cutting jig-saw. It's a little tricky cutting because of the shape of the metal, but not that difficult. Just time consuming. Some manufacturers make a 6'' that supposedly will fit. You'll probably want a new head unit and be sure to bypass the fader switch. There are also high quality 4'' available as an easy drop in for the front.

Reply to
Dennis W

In the dash, pretty much any 4" coaxial will pressure fit into the holes. In the rear deck, you can install speakers up to 6.5" round without having to cut any metal, just trimming the deck material. To go larger, like a 6 x

9 will require some minor metal cutting to clear the speaker magnet, or you don't care if the speakers are flush mounted, there are speaker "risers" that will allow the 6 x 9's without any metal cutting.

Reply to
MTI

Reply to
Mark Jeffcoat