190e transmission slipping in 1st

I have a '92 190E with 180k miles. Its 722.4 transmission seems to have trouble with 1st gear; on takeoff, engine RPMs go way high and the car very slowly accelerates and then slams into 2nd. All other gears
thereon are fine.
Browsing this newsgroup I found this diagram, from a manual for 722.3/4, indicating which band/clutch is used for which gears. Gear number in parenthesis like (1) indicates that clutch or band is used during coasting only.
B1: 2 B2: 1, 2, 3 B3: R K1: 3, 4 K2: (1), 4, (R) F: 1

this "F" component is; all rebuild kits or schematics I can find online seem to show just the B1-3 and K1-2 friction plates and bands. Any ideas?
TIA, Alex
How does it shift between gears? Does it stays in 2nd, 3rd for quite a while before last? or does it jump right into 4th?
Your car is supposed to shift from start... 2 then 3 then 4... it does not start off 1st.
180,000 miles is really the end of life... it is a good life for a tranny. You can try something... turn the vacuum modulator clockwise for 45 degree at a time... this shuts down the vacuum and make the tranny engage harder... hopefully reducing the slippage.
Otherwise, i think your clutchpack seals are leaking bad... causing your slippage problem. Another possibility is B3 band piston that you can replace from outside... but the problem is you got no room to replace it... so it calls for dropping your tranny.... and if you are gonna do that... might as well put in another tranny.
You should be able to get a rebuilt tranny for about $1200. plus labor to put it in... labor is about $500 or so.

I don't know exact RPM shift points but the rest of the gears behave normal-- they get used about equally. The car does start in 1st; this changed sometime around 89 I think. Older models started in 2nd unless floored, which engaged a kickdown switch.
I'll try the vacuum adjustment first; if that doesn't help I'll drop it and attempt a rebuild :)
Thanks for your insights!
Alex