190E - Wiper Arm

Hello All,
1986 190E 2.3 - If the wiper is used, at random occassions it will blow the 8A fuse.Works fine for a week/month then decides to do it again.
As a test I replaced with a 16A amp - initially it works fine as it would if the 8A fuse was replaced but continous use and the wiper arm really struggles to complete the single arm sweep.Used to be random but lately it's becoming more frequent. Any suggestions where to start looking? Battery, wiper motor? Thank you for taking time to respond. JB
I would try relubricating the mechanism first... turn on the wiper and shut off the ignition when wiper move to the middle... then pop the base cover... clean old grease out... put new grease and pop the cover back on.
If you need wiper, motor, or entire unit, let me know... I got a part car... 1988.

Thanks Tiger Researched the internet as well, seems that lubrication is the culprit. I popped a small plastic cover but there's a hex nut holding the arm. Also felt two screws (hex?) beneath the wiper main cover. Approximately in the 5 and 7 oclock position. Tight spot to undo those two. Planning to tackle this on the weekend. Do you know if if the entire cover has to come up to grease? If i bugger up my wiper, I surely contact you for parts :) Cheers
Do the job right... pop that cover off...