Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

190d 2.2 reconstruction
I recently purchased a 201 chassis 190d. Everything is in need of maintenance, and lots of things are disconnected, missing, or installed is slowly getting better, but I need some input from the...
7
7

Heater control '91 300 CE--Help please
Heater works fine except there is no air flow from the footwell vents. How is the diverter activated? Vacuum? Is it accessible without dismantling the whole heater box? Any experienced advice would be...
1
1

CV Axle Replacement
My mechanic having trouble getting off the old cv axle. He says it is seized, nothing works; wd40, heating,.. Would you have any suggestions? Thank you. Irfan 1983 300D Turbodiesel
3
3

leather care recommendation?
Hi! What are you using for leather care? There are many leather care products. And then, some never use any leather care. Leather is a live product (I guess technically that is a dead product, the...
8
8

'92 Mercedes Benz 300D parts
Parting out a '92 300D, selling all parts except for transmision which is defective. Located near Raleigh NC

flashing brake light idiot light
I just bought my first 300D. I've helped a friend with his converted one, but this is my first. I'm now running across a problem, and I don't know quite what to make of it. The idiot light on the dash...
4
4

OVP relay symptoms?
the car is a '89 300E, I am beginning to wonder if I'm also having a problem with my OVP relay. The car idles, in gear, around 500 rpm and in neutral around 700 or 800 rpm. My wife tells me that...
7
7

Replace Hydromatic worn shocks with regular shocks
I have a 86 560SEL and need to replace the shocks. Rear are Hydromatic and expensive to replace. Any downside to replacing them with OEM conventional shocks? thanks
14
14

w123 glove box door
is not closing all the way. Light comes on. Any fix? Thanks in advance
2
2

Cup Holders? Aftermarket? 1991 300TDT
Hi I brought in a 1991 300TDT from Germany for my wife, and she is missing having cup holders. Anyone have any suggestions, experience,or recommendations regarding a workable cup holder set-up for...
6
6

A few easy ones, I hope. ('79 300TD fuel filters and hatch)
I would like to change the fuel filters in my car. The translucent one has recently turned black (I'm sure in part due to the 5 gallons of virgin soybean oil I poured into the tank), so I figure...
4
4

Group?
The last post I see here is from Sept. 1st. Could it be my computer or is there no one posting here anymore?
1
1

92 300D inside fan noise
When I turn the heater on (cold weather problem only) i get a chirping sound from the fan. I know it is the fan because it goes away when I turn it off. It is only there on low speeds. Do I need to...
1
1

C-Class Trip Computer
We've just picked up our 'new' 1999 C240 and have found it's missing the 'Interior' manual. I'm pretty happy with how everything works except for the trip computer. When we first drove the car it was...

Beware DIY's
Never start the squirrel cage motor by spinning blades with your fingers ..... ouch! cheers :-)
1
1