Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

linkage cover
I have an 83 300SD, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was some kind of black plastic cover made to cover the throttle linkage on top of the valve cover? If so where can I get one, because I...
3
3

old SL advice needed
I've always loved the Mercedes SL series cars. Recently an 83 380SL has come up for sale by me. It's black/gray with 125,000 miles. Looks very clean in the pictures i've seen. Having never owned an...
4
4

Glow Plug Relay 300 TDT
Can the glow plug relay become partially defective, or is an all or none type of part? I could not get my '82 300 TDT to start. I replaced the battery and the glow plugs and it was still starting...
2
2

reprogram E320 computer to allow use of low current led sidelights
If I replace my 6w sidelights with led bulbs taking a few milliamps, presumably the ship-board computer will think the bulbs have blown and will continue to annoy me by saying so everytime I turn them...

91 300E charging system
Battery light comes intermittently on when i turn my head lights on. Battery light intensity increases with rpm. Contacts on voltage regulator are 50%.
2
2

Mirror leak and door stain
My 99 E 320 leaked some kind of dark fluid from within the driver side mirror while I was out of town for a week and where the fluid dripped on the door paint it appears to have left an indelible...
5
5

'98 SL500
To buy or not ...... any reason, from a mechanical point of view, not to buy this car? 65K Km, (about 40k miles) asking 30k CDN (a bit over 25k USD) I 'know' my wife will hate it, but .... damn, it's...

Good mercedes mechanic around Philadelphia?
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy mechanic around Philadelphia that is experienced working on old Mercedes diesels ? Anywhere in the area would be good. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks
2
2

Power Loss + Transmission "jumpy"
I just bought an '81 300SD turbodiesel (~200k miles) and the acceleration is slow and power is ridiculously low. I suspected the injector heads + fuel lines were dirty and built-up, so i did a diesel...
3
3

FS: 2002 C230K
Needs radiator, intercooler, A/C condenser and bumper cover. Total parts about $1500.00 for new parts. NADA value is $16,625.00 (average) but when completed will be in the high value range. 60k miles...

W124 Ramdom Misfires When Starting
Perhaps some of you can help me in solving this puzzle. Car is an euro 230E, engine M102, KE Jetronic, a 14 years old beatiful, reliable machine. During the first start in the morning, wIth low...
6
6

1993 190e Speakers
Can anyone give me a step by step removal of the rear and dash speakers for a 1993 190e 2.3? I can get the grills off the rear but haven't been able to figure out how to remove the speakers from...
2
2

Hood spring plate removal
Underneath of the hood in my W115 is a thin spring metal plate that runs a bit off center from the front of the hood to the back. It seems to be used instead of the usual skeleton one finds underneath...

Mercedes S500 2000
Hey I have a Mercedes Benz S500 year 2000. One day when I tried to turn on the cruise control, it did not work. I tried all sorts of positions the cruise handle could go but it did not work The...
7
7

'92 Mercedes 500SL wandering
Hey, has anyone out there had this problem and found a solution? I have a 1992 Mercedes 500SL and have been very happy with it up to a few months ago (about 6..). It's been a strong runner and a...
3
3