1964 230 SL valve adjuster

Dear fellows,

Today I ordered 5 new valve-adjusters due to round edges on the adjuster-nut, common on theese kind of adjuster I guess.

Is there a way to replace them without lifting the camshaft? I have heard that You can "pop" of the rockerarm with a screwdriver, how is this done without pressing down the valve?

/Peter, Sweden

Reply to
Peter

It is done with two screwdrivers... you push the valve down using the drivers as a lever and that allows room to get the ball socket adjuster out. This same trick is used when adjusting the valves if one runs into a stuborn one... allows a socket to get it loose enough for adjuster wrench .. [ wide

14mm crowfoot]
Reply to
AJDalton7

-Thanks. Ill try that tomorrow!