1965 se

There is a 65 se for sale near my work. The guy wants 6000 dollars. I'm no Mercedes expert, but would like to buy it. It looks to be in pretty good
shape. I'm going to test drive it tomorrow. Does anybody have any advice for me such as what to look for when I inspect it tomorrow. If this is the wrong newsgroup please let me know where to go as well. Thanks for any input. Dan
see: www.mbz.org

If this is a 300SE there's a lot you'll want to know befoe plonking down that kind of money.
2 door or 4?
It is is a 300SE it's gonn have hydraulic suspension and an early eluminum engine that while silk like wasn't the most durable early aluminum head enigne every built. Really really cool cars but notthe best "frist Mercedes" and you're half crazy. Parts are an issue.
Did I mention they're utterly amazing gars in good nick? (But nor cheap to get into that shape).

I test drove it yesterday, it is a 220 S not a SE. The engine was is very good shape, slight surface rust in the trunk area, 80,000 original miles, three previous owners, good brakes, everything works, excellent interior, all chrome in place except for the one piece under the trunk, about a 10 inch piece. Undercarriage is very solid, I offered him 5500. he took it