1966 Mercedes 200S, should I get it?

Page 2 of 2

Man, I looked at the pics - If he sells it to you for $600, he has doubled what the going price is.

Nah, I'm not going to get, thank God for newsgroups and people who care :)
Merry Christmas! cp
Look at it this way, what do you have to loose? If you like it, buy it.
I bought a classic Merecedes myself a couple of years ago under very similar circumstances and am very happy.
As other folks have mentioned, expect problems. Its an older car and things will break. If you don't mind spending some 'quality' time pulling wrenches, you should be in good shape. I you're going to pay someone else to pull the wrenches, expect to spend a lot of money.
Steve

:-) This is how I'm thinking. It's in very good mechanical shape, other than the diff leaking. If the diff were to be replaced, any idea how much one would cost? Could one be used from a more "recent" generation (w115,w123) ?
Thanks, cp
it is dishing out large amounts of sex and violence. Entertainment provides modern man with an essential means of escape. While absorbed in television, videos, etc., he can forget stress, anxiety, frustration, dissatisfaction. Many primitive peoples, when they don't have work to do, are quite content to sit for hours at a time doing nothing at all, because they are at peace with themselves and their world. But most modern people must be contantly occupied or entertained, otherwise the get "bored," i.e., they get fidgety, uneasy, irritable. 148. Other techniques strike deeper that the foregoing. Education is no longer a simple affair of paddling a kid's behind when he doesn't know his lessons and patting him on the head when he does know them. It is becoming a scientific technique for controlling the child's development. Sylvan Learning Centers, for example, have had great success in motivating children to study, and psychological techniques are also used with more or less success in many conventional schools. "Parenting" techniques that are taught to parents are designed to make children accept fundamental values of the system and behave in ways that the system finds desirable. "Mental health" programs, "intervention" techniques, psychotherapy and so forth are ostensibly designed to benefit individuals, but in practice they usually serve as methods for inducing individuals to think and behave as the system requires. (There is no contradiction here; an individual whose attitudes or behavior bring him into conflict with the system is up against a force that is too powerful for him to conquer or escape from, hence he is likely to suffer from stress, frustration, defeat. His path will be much easier if he t