1968 200d

Hi, I know a couple who have been housing a 1968 200d in an old barn the last few decades; vehicle has no rust and runs perfectly. They are asking $3k for the initial buying price, would I be able to turn much
of a profit via ebay motors for such a car? I am NOT an automotive minded person, so any information you could send my way would be much appreciated; thanks.

There's one too many zeros in this equation. Old Mercedes are only valuable if they have no roof or two doors.
A 68 200D MIGHT be worth 3K in great condition. But this car may need 6K to get it in that shape.
IMHO these old foxes are just waiting for some fool to buy their old, obsolete, underpowered car.
I have a ten year old CRT - color too - and it even works - $75 and its yours (quick before I take it to the recycle center next week).
There's no shortage of old Mercedes cars, even ones in good condition are still, old cars.
Don't waste your time on this.

Run!!
I've got a '66 200, bought it for 800CAD (some here say that's too much but it's mechanically sound, except for a transaxle which I got for free)
I'd pay 3K for one in top condition. In Germany I saw one in mint condition from a museum for 8K Euro, just to compare.
Forget about unless they strike off a digit of the price.
cp
Agreed with all. Totally overpriced.
Are you perhaps related to or are part of said couple and just wish to find out what price you might ask for it on Ebay?
How do you know it runs perfectly when it has been housed in an old barn for ages? They told you? Has it been taken out for runs?
DAS
news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Oh it doesn't, don't worry. The brake lines will need to be replaced as will all fluids at a BARE minimum. These cars HATE to sit and don't do well doing so.