1968 mb 250 s gasoline engine

I cannot make this thing start. The motor spins but no fire. Was running fine until my son used it one time.

Check fuel filter... check spark plug to see if it is black or white... you need to do diagnostic.
herewegogod wrote:

Remove a spark plug and check for spark when cranking.
If this is a 250S, not SE, it has two zenith carburetors. Toward the front and just under hood is fuel inlet to carbs coming from mechanical fuel pump beside dipstick for oil. The hose runs along the front of the valve-cover where the cam sprocket is. Loosen the connection and observe whether fuel emerges, when cranking. Use a rag, and disconnect the coil wire; take all precautions regarding gasoline under pressure.
Open the Oil-filler cap and observe the camshaft turning.
Chances are, you will have no fire, no fuel or no cam-action. Then proceed. This car also has breaker-points, which could be bad. Is there water in the oil? My 250S suffered a cracked head.