1971 Mercedes 220 tire recommendations

I've seen some discussions of what tires are best for this model - I'm having to get 4 new tires to replace the 175SR14 88S Michelin XZX that are worn and cracked on it. Some have suggested going up to 185/70 or

195/70. Any suggestions?
Reply to
joehmb

I'd be guided by the model's original tire size as the starting point from which to deviate toward handling (70 profile) or comfort.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach