1973 280 project or parts

Great old car...sentimental family history...belonged to WW2 grandad, has driven San Francisco to Maryland (where it now is). It has rust on edges of wheel wells and front floor (seams), so it is probably a parts car but it could be a project...it is a treat to drive. Black with off-white seats.

113,672 original miles; engine runs well...not burning oil. Needs a left rear stabilizer linkage and battery to be able to drive it away. Carb will need rebuild/replace as it hesitates up steep hills. We replaced: belts, hoses, spark plugs, cables, brake master cylinder, all calipers and pads, all shocks, left rear axle, entire exhaust, AC dryer, driveshaft, windshield, distributor. The seats will need re-stuffing at some point, wood has some water marks, needs paint. I have digital photos; and can describe more details. We'd love to have someone fix this up to drive but are realistic about it. Every time we planned to sell it in the past, one of us would drive it and back out. The fly windows, Becker radio, great handling and personality got to us...and we'd fix it up more. But we are just not car project people and must let it go. This is not an SEL or a 4.5. The car is in Montgomery Co. Maryland. We're asking $850.00; will consider all offers. Tim cell 301.455.4227 or email me
Reply to
TimK

Carb will need rebuild/replace as it hesitates up steep hills.

That may indicate need for a new fuel filter.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach