1975 240D LR Brake Cable

I am having a difficult time finding an original replacement brake cable. Mercedes does not have the original fit, you must purchase a cable plus an
adapter plus a support bracket. I think it would be easier to simply replace with the correct cable, used or new. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Don