1978 Mercedes 450 SEL accelerator repair

I am looking for any information on how to repair the accelerator mechanism on a 1978 Mercedes 450 SEL
Regards

"When the student is ready, the teacher appears"
Stay Blessed
You're gonna have to be a whole lot more specific than that to get any help.

Well here is the deal. I was given the car and what I was told was that the car runs great, but there is a problem with the acceleration. We open the hood and He showed me the linkage mechanism that was connected to the accelerator pedal inside the car. When he pressed the pedal, I could see where it looked like there was either something loose or a pat missing, because all of the parts of the linkage did not move. It very difficult for me to describe because I am nit familiar with Mercedes at all.
Regards,

You'll probably find that the bushes are worn (those little round plasticy things that the mechanism rotates on). The adjustment sliders will wear as well if loose.