1979 280 SE runs rough when hot

My 79 280 SE runs fine when cold, but when hot, misses and idles rough, poor acceleration etc.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Reply to
Gordo

Coils have been known to go bad in a failure mode that leaves them working when cold and weak when when hot.

Reply to
trader4

At this age, you probably got a pretty good vacuum leak somewhere... then check all basics... such as distributor cap and rotor... that when it get hot, will misfire... forget what reason... like crack, etc.

My 79 280 SE runs fine when cold, but when hot, misses and idles rough, poor acceleration etc.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Reply to
Tiger