1980 300SD 100,000 mile service

I finally got to the 100K mark after 24 years! So, the car is in fantastic shape and runs perfectly. I'm going to take it to the local shop for service and was wondering if anyone has suggestions from
experience of things to check/do at 100K? I know the brakes are good, did them last fall. I was planning on:
valve adjustment trans fluid change front end check
any other ideas?
thanks
How about coolant, power steering fluid, and brake fluid. Also fuel filters, and power steering filter if yours has one. You might want to run a can of injector cleaner and then give it an Italian tune-up.
--
73
Hank WD5JFR
"Chet Hayes" < snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net> wrote in message
My '80 SD is at 108K and runs perfectly too!
I'm thinking about repacking front wheel bearings and at least checking, and probably replacing, the front rotors which are still original.
My car's idler arm was over torqued by some idiot and now moans when the steering wheel is turned so its bushings probably ought to be replaced.
Other than these items I can't think of anything else to suggest.
Wonderful car.
Tom

Sell it to me! :D
if its a fluid replace it. if its a filter do the same.
all belts & hoses.
check the brake lines steel & rubber
fire up the blower and blow under the windshield <leaves pine straw> flush with water
battery tray, mix a box of baking soda in water & soak the batt tray then hose it down.
am sure there is more
case
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Chet Hayes) wrote in

It wouldn't be too soon to preemptively replace the vacuum pump, even though failures don't start unitl nearer 200K. $200 of prevention is better than $2000 of cure.

Most just rebuild their vacuum pumps. Usually the pump on these cars can be easily rebuilt and pump failure doesn't take out the engine.