1980 300SD Climate Control Amplifier

I think that I may have a problem with my amplifier, I have found it, I can hold it in my hand, but I'll be damned if I can unplug the thing...any suggestions?
Thanks, Bob Moore
It's tough alright, I pried mine off the harness - just waiting for something to break - but nothing broke!
TG... did you resolder yours? If so, where do you resolder? I need to do the same to mine.
blanket resolder the whole thing while its out its the best chance.

the
That's alot of solder...
No, back then I didn't know that resoldering its cracked joints could be done. So I simply bought a new one. That's many years ago and it's now about due or even overdue to fail!

I did as you suggested....it worked, nothing broke. Now, does anyone know what that little round "thermostat" behind the glove compartment does?
Bob Moore
The one with a wire connected on each side? If yes, it is the thermostat for the aux water pump.
wrote

That's the one....thanks for the info. At normal room temp, mine is "open" and another one from the junk yard is open also.
Bob Moore