1980 450 SL has a blanked off line...?

Greetings,

Its me again. I have located a small, about 1/4" steel line, that runs from the left side (drivers side) towards the front of the car. It appears to come out of the middle of the exhaust header, at a factory made port, and runs about 1 foot. It has a clamp on it and terminates with a machine screw threaded into the end. It ends just above the left front shock anchor point. Is it possible that this is a port for some type of smog testing? maybe to see what the exhaust gas is before it gets to the catalytic converter?

Any help will be appreciated...

Bill

1980 450 SL 1984 300D Turbo
Reply to
Bill Pelka

yes, my 1980 450SL also has that tube capped off.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe