1980 450sl

I HAVE THE KEY, THERE IS A PAPER CLIP SIZE HOLE. CYLINDER STILL FROZEN. WHAT'S THE TRICK?

put key in hole is the wheel in the lock position meaning you can't steer the car if so turn it left to right while trying to turn the key. BE NICE OR YOU MAY BREAK THE KEY. once you get the key to turn to the #1 POSITION push wiggle the paper clip in the whole. once it is in the tumbler <i think> pull the key and the tumbler will also come out..
the case, minus a few cans!

UNFREEZE THE CYLINDER BY JACKING UP THE FRONT OF THE CAR AND MOVING THE FRONT WHEELS BACK AND FORTH UNTIL THE KEY WILL BE ABLE TO BE TURNED (BY AN ASSISTANT).
CP

Call a locksmith, If you can't turn the key it won't come apart the same way it went together.
--

Roger Shoaf