1980 450sl ignition key won't turn

suddenly the ign. key won't turn as if the transmission isn't in PARK but it is. I have tried nudging the car in park but nothing....key will not budge. Any help much appreciated.

1. Shake the steering wheel as you try the key. 2. Try another, less worn key.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
-->> T.G. Lambach <<-- wrote:

3. Bend Over

I think I may have to bend over on this one.....thanks anyway
Try squirting some geaphite lock lubricant into the lock... you really need a new tumbler.
Second to last resort is get a new key from dealer... all they need is your VIN number and proof of ownership. They have the key on record and they will carve out a new key. Sometime, keys are so worn out that the lock does not recognize it... or someone copied a worn key and makes the matter even worse.
Last resort is let dealer drill out the lock and replace it with original key code tumbler.