1980 450sl recall

hi all, i recently heard of an ongoing recall for the 1980 450sl regarding the subframe? any info greatly appreciated thanks jim 80450sl blk, 78k miles

James The only thing I've ever read on the subject comes from the oft-quoted March 1994 article in Road & Track, which reads:
"The 450SLs were subject to a formal recall, one still being honored by Mercedes-Benz, for cracking subframes. The dealer will replace or weld the subframe."
That article was written 10 years ago, and the statement may no longer be accurate. I suggest contacting a dealer or MBUSA.
Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 212K miles