1980 450sl recall

hi all, i recently heard of an ongoing recall for the 1980 450sl regarding the subframe? any info greatly appreciated thanks jim 80450sl blk, 78k miles

Reply to
JAMES GARNERO

James =

The only thing I've ever read on the subject comes from the oft-quoted March 1994 article in Road & Track, which reads:

"The 450SLs were subject to a formal recall, one still being honored by Mercedes-Benz, for cracking subframes. The dealer will replace or weld the subframe."

That article was written 10 years ago, and the statement may no longer be accurate. I suggest contacting a dealer or MBUSA.

Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 212K miles

JAMES GARNERO wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Wolfram