1981 300TD - Clear coat or lacquer?

Just bought it, and want to clean some of the oxidation and road grim off it, but not sure if it's a clear coat or not. Don't want to use polishing compound on it, I don't think, unless I'm sure it's not.

Any comments on good cleanet/wax/polish to use?

Thanks -

Reply to
tweaks

The metallic colors of that era have a clear coat but the enamels don't. The enamels are very durable but don't be too aggressive with the compound on them, liquid cleaner/ polish is sufficient.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Richard Sexton

Thanks! It didn't look like it had a clear coat, but I didn't want to take any chances!

Reply to
tweaks

Thanks - I'll bookmark that one.

Reply to