1982 W123 rear Uneven tire wear $2700?!?!?

My left right tire is wearing unevenly, I thought it was the controller arm bushings, they said it was a bent controller arm, and $2700 to replace, and
they'd have to take off the sub frame to replace... sheesh, does this sound right?
Darrell
In decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

who quoted you, the mercedes main agent?

haha i didn't notice that until you pointed it out, he must've been tired

You can buy a perfectly good used one from any Mercedes salvage and have it installed by anyone but the dealer (avoid).