1983 230e instrument lights

None of the instrument lights ie speedo, heater controls etc work. The weird thing is they didn't work when I got the car, started working one day about three months later, and then stopped again the other day.
All the fuses seem to be in working order. I presume there must be a dodgy ground connection somewhere but have no idea where to look. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers.
its the dimmer try turning the nob for dimming the instrument lights if that does not help...replace it...or have it replaced alex

Alex Hemmerich wrote:

Can't thank you enough Alex, problem solved. Feel a bit stupid as I'm afraid I didn't even know there was a dimmer, but I can now see how fast I'm going and night, and find my heater controls. Thanks again.