1983 300 D mercedes

My tape deck, radio, anntenna and signal lights will not work. The fuse blows immediately when replaced. Any electrical schematics for this car? Would they help?

Suggest you unplug the power to the antenna motor and see if that, or the tape deck, is the problem. The antenna can be left extended and so will receive signals normally.
I have unplugged the antenna. Will put in another fuse and try this tomorrow am. I had the car restored and painted. It was after this that electricals like these, then my signal lights would not work. The antenna had been replaced once and I now notice another cable, twist-tied and not connected to the plugs. When a fuse was replaced with the engine off, the finger took a shock. Are there any in-line fuses under the dash? Without the radio I sometimes think I hear a "shorting wire sound" behind/under the driver control panel. My car's original book does not have an electrical schematic. Should I remove the panel and then..what do I look for ...bare wires??
I would disconnect the radio to see if the fuse still blow or not... most likely the radio is bad.
"I had the car restored and painted."
"Restored" included?????
That's where I'd start, with the "restored" part of that equation.
A test light may help to isolate the part of the circuit that's closed.
A pinched wire could be the culprit if "restoration" included body work.
Total body work refurbished and painted. Rusted Wheel wells replaced, back bumper put back on, inside front door motors and right rear door motor was removed and door handles were all taken off. Basically the car was reprimed and painted from a shell, then put back together.
I appreaciate the input I am getting. Printing out the ideas and I will get them to the fellow and see if he knows where to start from.
Any other info is appreciated. Thank you.
Anyone who did the restoration that you described doesn't need a set of third party Usenet suggestions to solve this puzzle. Give the guy some credit. Just take the car to him and ask that the problem(s) be fixed.
TG Lambackk--I wish! I have discussed much. He now says perhaps there is an inline fuse under the dash panel for the signal lights, as he disconnected his Ford truck's inline fuse and found the panel and signal lights would not work. When it stops raining, I'll check this out. Doesn't explain the rest of the problems, though. And he says there can't be any pinched wires. He only re-connected the door handles, which go into a plastic casement and the antenna.
However, I will make a trip back to him.
On 2006-09-12 15:53:03 -0700, "T.G. Lambach"

Wow, what silly advice. This is like saying a sculpture must be a good surgeon.
Not the same thing.
Look for pinched wires. Twice I've had body shops pinch wiring when fixing my cars. Once they tightened a bumper nut on over part of the main wiring harness.When lights, signals, etc. stopped working, they put in over-size fuses. I picked the car up and drove home at night, lost signals and brake lights on the way. Total idiots. I spent ten hours diagnosing the problem.