1983 300 Turbo Deisel dies when we turn the corner

We been having intermittent problems with the car stalling while making a turn. My daughter said the steering first got difficult like the power steering cut out and then the car died (on a right hand turn). Any
thoughts? Thanks
There's no particular reason for a diesel to stall in a turn.
If the engine's idle is too low it will stall when put under load, such as the power steering pump and, perhaps now, the A/C as well.
However, if the engine's idle speed is normal I'd suspect the engine's motor mounts - that one is broken and the engine is moving about stressing the throttle linkage and so the throttle opening.
One other thing - It seems to happen when the fuel level is near empty/reserve. Though not always as yesterday it was half full. Is there a water separator in this car that might be needing attention? Could there be a problem with the diesel? I checked my Haynes manual and couldn't find any reference to a separator. Thanks Obie formally known as news

Restricted fuel supply would show itself at times of maximum fuel consumption - acceleration and hill climbing - not at low rpm.
Yes you can observe the engine - keep your hands out - as its torque is applied to the motor mounts. Set the parking brake. Idle the engine in N. Observe, shift into D apply the foot brake as well and slowly open the throttle - the engine will move to the side somewhat against its rubber mounts but not too much. Try same in R.
When was the power steering fluid and filter last changed? 1985? There's a small paper filter in the PS reservoir that ought to be changed and the fluid gets like syrup after some years.
Has anyone recently adjusted the rack damper bolt? If so it's too tight.
Throw away that misinformation manual and buy a M-B manual or CD.
Can the motor mounts be checked just by observing the engine as it is revved up?