1983 300d dont know what to do with

my car quit running body is in very good condition interior also. the engine is a mess.my question is would it be worth fixing. or is there anyone in the king county,wa. area that might want this to try and fix or use for parts????

Reply to
number32

Get a good used engine. The best way to do this is look in the north for a car that has a decent motor still but otherwise the car is finished through terminal rust rot.

You ca usualy pick these up really cheap, like, $100 or even free on a good day.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I might be interested give me more info on the car,IE: gas or diesel,millage,serial numb...etc I live in Vancouver Canada. Regards Dan

Reply to
Someone who loves his Bens

A good starting point would be....what kind of mess? Running or not? Runs rough? Something a mech could look at and give an estimate for repair? I believe an engine trade-in/replacement would run at least $2500 (rebuilt, not new). If the car is in otherwise good condition, you're looking at a ride that could give you several hundred thousand miles easy. I'd consider repairing the engine if possible, or maybe transplanting a rebuilt one. A few thousand dollars is chump change to get a benz back up and running.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

This is a diesel. the actual milage i cant get because I am out of town.app.260... the vin#iswdbab33a6db026423. I am looking to get rid of this car this weekend if your interested to making the trip it will have to be towed. I have an offer of 300 not confirmed if you want great deal let me know

Reply to
number32

Alaska? New Jersey? Florida? Mars?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

this car is located in federal way wa. zip 98003 thanks

Reply to
number32

98003, Auburn, WA,
Reply to
Helen

The car is in federal way 98003 thanks!!!

Reply to
number32

Reading? Writing? Arithmetic?

Damn canadian schools.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

life is short why??I am only trying to figure out my car problems.please only reply with helpful suggestions thanks

Reply to
number32