1983 500 SEC Question: Water seems to disapear...

Hi Water seems to disappear from the water container and I do not understand where... there is no leak WHATSOEVER. I left the car working for 2 hours and the engine is working like a champ. The fan works when needed and the car maintain it's temperature BUT water seems to evapurate or something. If I will keep the car working it will overheat.

Please advise. Thanks

Reply to
amcor22

I had an invisible quarter inch long hairline crack in the top rear of my plastic water container on my 190E - same thing happened - disappearing water with no obvious leak - I only spotted it when I soap and watered everything (solution of half dish soap, half water).

Try the bubble test - hit everything with it.

Also - how does your oil look? If you have a head gasket problem the water will get into the oil and disappear. Your oil will appear foamy in this case.

Reply to
Scott Jacobs