1984 190D 2.2 blower motor

1984 190D 2.2 I need to change the blower motor Can someone give me step-by-step instructions for getting to it? Thanks
Reply to
John

There is someone with a website that tells you this step by step with picture... In general, you need to take off your wiper blade... pop the cover underneath that blade... then you can see you blower motor.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks

Reply to
John

*Rise the hood. *take off the glass rim gaskets from both sides *unfasten the wiper assembly (4...5 nuts IIRC + connector) *take off the wiper assembly. *remove the M8 headed screws that keep the central part of the firewall at place *release the blower cover (2 screws) *pull off the central part of the firewall as far as you can and take off the blower cover. Be careful *release the blower wires near the battery *unscrew three screws from the passenger side of the squirrel wheel cover and pull out the blower motor sideways. Check the motor, it could be repairable

PS I do not have AC, so yours can be somewhat different

Hope that helps

Helar

Reply to
Helar Laasik