1984 190E 2.3

All,
My son has purchased a 1984 190E 2.3. Great little runner. Any way. Does anyone have any insights as to things to watch out for in this little guy?
2.3l motor 5sp manual Broken speedo and clock the wierdest single wiper I have seen.
Thanks for your info,
Thom 89 300E 253,000 miles 84 190E 148,000 miles????
Thom wrote:

Valve seals.

Don't know, the one I had was an automatic.

Check the speedo cable, they tend to break after 100K or so.

But it does cover the windshield better than anything else. Carry a spare wiper. I had one break during a winter storm. One item gas stations don't seem to carry anymore.
DO you know much about the seats? There is a big lever on the side of each fron seat that seems to do pretty much "nothing". The owners manual doesn't mention their use
Thom wrote:

That big lever is used to adjust the HEIGHT of the seat. You PULL the lever WHILE MOVING the seat back or forward with the lever located in front of the seat. Moving the seat backwards lowers the seat. Moving it forwards lifts the seat. The big lever is on the left hand side of the driver's seat while the passenger's seat adjustment lever is on the right hand side.
Hernando