1984 300SD Combination Stalk Switch Removal

I mentioned awhile ago that when the headlights are on and I signal right, the wipers come on. Funny the first time. I have a used but tested combo switch. The fantasy of this procedure being as easy as the R&R in my TD have been dashed. Googling the procedure for getting the switch out provided nothing useful.

Could someone please tell me how to get the old combo switch out? I'm guessing the steering wheel will be coming off. What size socket/alen head will I need to do that? I have all the pullers once the nut is off. It seems that this would be the hard part.

I've been looking at ebay for the manual for this car and have only found it on CD. The bad news is none of them will work on a Mac, so until I can afford a duel processor Mac, I'm kinda hosed. Please, let's leave the Mac bashing for another forum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
PT in OR

The CD manual I have is just PDF documents indexed with an html document. I use them on a Linux machine regularly, no special programs necessary (and certainly not Windows only). Maybe the newer manuals have specific programs that run under windows, but I believe yours is a similar model to mine. The manual I have is specific to the W123, some of it may apply to yours, but I don't know right off hand. I have a PDF page of how to remove the combination switch for mine, let me know if you want to look at it, I'll email it to you. Doug

Reply to
DougS

Thank you! that's be great. Just hit reply to author and it will come to me. I have the disc for the 116s. Some of it opens and the index is not functioning. have to open one pdf after another until i find what i need, Thanks again, Doug

Reply to
PT in OR