1984 300TD Wagon Ignition Lock Please Help ...

Any thoughts on a ignition lock for a 1984 300TD wagon that will not unlock ? Key Goes in and out fine ... key is not bent ...steering wheel will turn but only as much as normally would if locked ...

Thanks
If the gear shifter on this model has an interlock with the key I'd shake the shifter a bit.
its an automatic and im not sure if theres an interlock but ill try it
Thanks Much
Here is what I would do... squirt a bit of graphite lock lubricant in the ignition... insert key and wiggle in all different direction.... up, down, diagonally until the ignition unlocks... then work the ignition back and forth a bit... but not into off position.
At this time, you should be running off to dealer to get a new ignition lock... takes a couple of days to get a new one. But they should be able to give you a temporary new lock.
Thanks Much
Stop. Factory locks come lubricated with grease. If you pump graphite into a lock with sticky grease then you have a bigger problem than you started with.
Flush it out with a solvent or even WD40.
Also tell me this, does the key work really smoothly in the passenger door lock? If not you might have a worn key problem.
--
Roger Shoaf

If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the