1984 Mercedes 500 SEL wont start

1984 Mercedes 500 SEL with 199,975 miles. Just bought it, but couldnt drive it for 2 days due to the weekend and DMV not open. Car was started both days though, just didnt drive it. In the past few days in
Michigan, it has been very cold, like 0 degrees plus -15 windchills and stuff like that. I got the car registered and insured today, and went to start it and no start. There is a clicking noise, but the car will not turn over, almost like the starter is frozen. Could this happen because of the weather, and what should I do about it. Please help, i love this car
It is most likely the starter on the way out... Considering that it is most likely an original starter... that is great life.
Take a hammer and whack the starter and then try to start it.
Battery or starter is dead. Charge the battery (or at least warm it up in your house overnight (acid eats fabric so put it on a newspaper)). If you KNOW the battery is well charged hit the starter with a 2 x 4. If the starter then works you know where the problem lies.
Good luck with it.
permission.

Hit the starter HARD.
Does it make a spinning/whirring sound or just click?
Wow that was fast for replys. The battery is new and has plenty of juice. It only makes a click, no other noise. Where is the starter at, and I will give it a whack and see what happens.
Passenger side by the front wheel... by the cat.