1985 190E won't start

I have a 1985 190E (Leaded fual version) that seems to be very thirsty on fuel and recently, the car won't start. The engine turns but it just won't start unless the pour fuel thru the throttle openning (after removing the carby cover). The next day, the same problem reappear. Pls help!!! Let me know if you need more info

Reply to
elam3388

I would say it is probably your fuel pump relay. It is located behind the black cover behind your battery. On the side, there is a date stamp on it... If it is the same year as your car, you have been darn lucky!

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, I removed the fuel pump relay and put it back the car starts again. Are you able to explained why the fuel consumption is bad, it is averaging 8.5km per litre (using Premium unleaded fuel as well).

Reply to
elam3388

Change O2 sensor first... then readjust the fuel mixture. This is assuming your engine is running good... compression.

Reply to
Tiger