1985 300D Automatic Climate Control Panel removal

I am trying to remove the Automatic Climate Control Panel in my 300D and Can't figure it out. The Haynes and Chilton's manuals are no help as they show a different control and a radio with knobs. The unit I am
trying to remove has a temp control wheel on the left side. The wood surround is off and I see no screws. Do I have to remove the radio for access? Gary C
Add pictures here
✖

Yes.
✖
NO. Did you pop the wood off the metal plate? The wood is supposed to stay bonded to the metal plate. With the metal plate off, there are 2 screws holding the plastic plate to the center console at the top. Lift the plate out, it unhooks from the bottom. The 3 screws holding the pushbutton to the plastic are removed now.
Go here: http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F 3193&Ma7%2E952&GAr2%2E120315&cat18&SIDƒ&SA=+56266 and scroll down to SA 56 266
40 is the wood/metal 36 are the 2 top corner screws 328 are the 3 plate-to-button screws

Add pictures here
✖