1985 300D Turbo barely turns over

My 1985 300D Turbo barely turns over, even when an apparently good battery is aided by a jump. I replaced the starter to no avail. Any suggestions?

Check all the easy stuff first.
Battery to starter connections Starter solenoid connections Earth connections from the engine to the battery
Change both battery cables. Positive and negative. and recheck the ground strap.
It is most likely the negative battery cable that is bad.
If "apparently good" battery is > 4 years old it's highly suspect given a new / rebuilt starter.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.