1985 380 se

I'm looking for anyone who can help with the removal of the rear door panels of my 1985 380 SE. I can get most of the hardware off but unable to remove the panel fully as it is secured around the window switch and
door handle. I want to replace the lower retaining arm. It looks like I have a noisy lifter on the psngr side which will have to be replaced as well, any idea on cost. Thanks Cam
Cam, It sounds like we have a similar situation. I bought a 1985 380SE recently that needed work. The right rear window will not go up (loose) and I'll have to get that panel off too. I couldn't figure it out last night. I'll watch this link to see how it's done. Some of my lifters are tapping a bit too. I'll adjust them as soon as my manual arrives. djb2000
silverwing wrote:

Thanks for your reply Carl, My rear window will operate with the front controls only but not with the back control unless....the door is a crack open and then it operates. I suspect a cracked wire or ground problem. I have a description for getting the door panel off from tiger and will give it a try. Cam
Not too hard at all...
1. Remove two screws on the top back corner of the windows to remove that trim that hides a bit of the smaller rear window.
2. Remove the cover just behind the latch... use small screwdriver
3. Remove screw that is behind the latch.
4. remove the screw that is by upper door handle when you pull out the latch unit a bit.
5. remove two screws on bottom of door handle...
6. Remove the light on bottom of door...
7. Remove door locking pin cover by the rear of the door where it latch to body.
8. Lift door panel upward and then outward.
9. Reverse order to install
Thanks for the help Tiger, When you talk about the latch, do you mean the handle that operates the door release? Is the screw behnd that latch the one that holds the upper part of the door handle in place? Thanks Cam

Yes
No... not the same.. nearby each other. Way different size... one is tiny... one is a monster.
Thanks, I'll give it a try and locate that sucker. Cam