1985 380 SE Hood Material

Hello,
Under the hood of my 380 SE there is a material I believe is to quite engine noise. The material is starting to fall off in the front onto the radiator
fan. What can I use to re-attach the material to the hood?
Thanks,
When I had that problem the blanket had deteriorated and could not be reglued, so I removed it, bought a new blanket, and glued it with 3M 08088 trim adhesive. Alas, to do the job right, you have to remove the hood and install the new blanket with the hood upside down.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

there.
I just did this on my '88 560 SEL. Removing & reinstalling the hood was not difficult at all (with one assistant helping out). Just a couple of clips and a couple bolts to remove. There was no issue with re-alignment or anything.
Tom Dolan Williamsburg, VA 1988 560SEL 1989 260E
And once the proud owner of a secondhand 1977 300D, 1979 240D, 1982 300D, & 1985 380SE

Get yourself a facemask, some goggles, a plastic scraper, a plastic tarp, a new hood pad, and some 3m trim adhesive (or is it super trip adhesive? it comes in a spray can). Put a tarp on the hood, scrape all the old stuff off...actually you know what,after you do that just go to a paint shop and have them put the new hood on. My local place took off the hood and did it proper for $40 since I had stripped off the old one myself. Richard

Yep... just replace it.

My local Mercedes wrecking yard Wreckomended (hehe) contact cement as an adhesive for this job... Just make sure to clean the hood thoroughly first...
Also, the 3M spray can stuff is probably the same material, but will go on lighter, which is some advantage.
marty