1985 500 SEL-Crankshaft Sensor

Ok my manual does not show the sensor placement. I have the sensor plugged in one end in the front of the motor behind the fan. Where does the other
end of the sensor plug into. It has a female receptacle that is three prong. The local dealership could not help me.
Anyone help?
just me wrote:

This is about as much help as I have had from this group.
Yes.
Cheers
First if all, unless you take your car to the dealer for tune-ups etc, the crankshaft sensor in the front of the engine is of no use. It is only used by some OLD equipment used in some dealerships. It has no effect on the way the car runs. As you say, the sensor goes at the front of the engine behind the fan and the other end should go to the diagnostic connector on the left inner finder (the one with the cap on it.). Mine doesn't have a 3 pronged plug so I am not sure how yours is hooked up. There is a 3 pronged plug for the throttle switch. It is located on the left inner finder also. Maybe there is something hooked up incorrectly up there.
Paul McKechnie 84 500SEL US car with an 85 500 EURO engine.

plugged
prong.