1985 C-280

My friends 1985 C280 all of a sudden runs very rough, like one cylinder is completely cut out. If he turns the ignition off and re-starts the car it
runs normally again.
Any Ideas what might be wrong?
Best wishes,
Karl
No such thing as a 1985 C280. Either it is a 1995 C280, or a 1985 280CE.
Yes,
I'm on a crummy news server. I tried to correct that. It is a 1995 C-280 and has been into the dealer in Seattle and they couldn't fix it, although they did replicate the problem!
Karl

kgruber wrote:

Check the coil packs. Is it throwing a code?
Ken, No code throwing. It feels just like one plug wire has come off. Except all he has to do is turn the car off and re-start and it IMMEDIATELY goes away.
Thanks again, Karl

Could this be a sign of a worn out Over Voltage Protection relay?
Just guessing...
Josh

You could try "strictly Mercedes" on Lake city way... Ask for Victor.
Marty