1985 C-280

My friends 1985 C280 all of a sudden runs very rough, like one cylinder is completely cut out. If he turns the ignition off and re-starts the car it runs normally again.

Any Ideas what might be wrong?

Best wishes,

Karl

Reply to
kgruber

No such thing as a 1985 C280. Either it is a 1995 C280, or a 1985 280CE.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Yes,

I'm on a crummy news server. I tried to correct that. It is a 1995 C-280 and has been into the dealer in Seattle and they couldn't fix it, although they did replicate the problem!

Reply to
kgruber

Check the coil packs. Is it throwing a code?

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Ken, No code throwing. It feels just like one plug wire has come off. Except all he has to do is turn the car off and re-start and it IMMEDIATELY goes away.

Thanks again, Karl

Reply to
kgruber

Could this be a sign of a worn out Over Voltage Protection relay?

Just guessing...

Josh

Reply to
Josh

You could try "strictly Mercedes" on Lake city way... Ask for Victor.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph