1985 Mercedes 300Turbo Diesel Blinker Problem

I have a 1985 Mercedes 300Turbo Diesel and I am having issues with the blinker. The hazards work. However, the blinkers do not. They quit all at the same time. Not the fuse (the ones in the fuse box). I dont know if there is another fuse? I have heard something about the blinker relay? but have no idea where this is or what it is. Dont want to spend a bunch of money on something that is fixable myself....

Thanks for any input!

Reply to
Kris W via CarKB.com

Greetings,

I just had exactly the same problem on a 1984 300D Turbo. I found that the Flasher switch needed to be pulled apart and cleaned. It was real gummy in there and greasy. But the grease is probably not electrically conductive, so just clean up the contacts and put it back together. Should be fine, mine was...Small screwdriver to pry it out of the console. Did this 2 months ago and it has been fine ever since.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Pelka