1986 190d 2.5 sluggish start

First cold start, starts sluggish for 15 seconds;I think not all injectors are hitting, sometimes smokes. If kept warm overnight it starts great. I would appreciate any suggestions.

One of your glow plug is not working... it is time to replace all of them.
Install new Bosch or Beru glow plugs.

Run a couple of cans of diesel purge through it and report back.
Thanks Tiger and Richard. I have replaced the glow plugs & the problem persists. I will try to run diesel purge. Thanks again.
Well, I had run a couple of diesel purge cans. The car seems to have more power and it feels better. The first start (52 degrees), ther is a little improvement, however, the start is still sluggish.If you have more suggestions, please let me know.