1986 190E 2.3 liter 16 Valve

I have a 1986 190E 2.3L 16 valve that I'm slowly trying to restore. The transmission (5 spd. manual) started eating itself a couple of days ago (nasty grinding sounds, shifter frozen between gates). I would appreciate
any info on sources for manuals, parts etc.
Good luck!
Bill Balmer 1986 190e 2.3-16 first US-spec 2.3-16 featured in Car & Driver, March, 1986
Bill, I haven't forgotten about the euro headlight lens . . well, not completely at least! LOL. BTW, 190rev is back up for the time being.

LOL -- I was just thinking about e-mailing you about that! Mine didn't leak any water last time I washed it. You'd better hurry up and sell it to me or I might lose interest!
Bill

Actually, I was hoping to rebuild the tranny myself, which is why I was asking about parts & manuals. Performance Parts has a manual on CD but it doesn't appear to contain any information about the tranny. A repair shop down here (Miami) found a used tranny for $900, but I don't have $900 to spend right now. Am I being totally delusional for wanting to rebuild it myself? Are parts that difficult to come by?

Oh, sorry--I misunderstood. I really don't know how hard it would be to find parts. I have the service cd, and I think you're right--there's nothing on there about the Getrag 5-speed. In fact, I remember reading long ago that Mercedes actually tried to claim that the 5-speed in the 16V was their own until they were finally forced to admit that it was outsourced to Getrag. That may have something to do with its absence in the manual.
Still, if you're looking for parts, my original recommendation stands. Talk to Pat at Potomac. He may be able to help you find what you need. I know you don't have it right now, but if that tranny you found is in good shape, $900 isn't a bad price (as long as it comes with a warranty). The rebuilt one I bought cost me (it hurts to even type it).... $2700. Just for the part. Ouch!
Good luck,
Bill Balmer