1986 300e (180,000 kilometres)

When the car has not been used for a few days , when starting up the engine sounds like a diesel (there is a knock) .The engine takes a few minutes before it starts to run normally and the noise disappears. Should I suspect
a worn oil pump not pushing the oil through the engine quickly enough? What else could be the cause of the initial noise and the poor starting after a few days of parking?
Thanks
I was reading my manual last night (the UK one) and I suspect its worn valve lifters. I am guessing that the oil drains from them once left standing for a few days but they fill up after running for a while.
The starting problem must be a separate issue
Am I on the right track?
Thanks

engine
suspect
What
Hmm - no replies, never mind - the misfiring 300e thread answered half my problem.

What did you figure the problem is? I was wonder if someone was going to come back to you with leaking head gasket as a potential cause.... not that I have much of a clue.... I had a bad head gasket when I purchased my 1989 300e and it ran rough for the first couple minutes after starting.