1986 300e

Hello.

I am getting a wheel speed related noise that I suspect may be the wheel bearings - what else could it be? How do I check for wheel bearing wear? I have read here that the rear wheel bearing replacement is not a simple process. Is the same the case for the front bearings. Have ordered the Haynes UK manual - hopefully that will have procedures for this.

Second question

How do I safely remove the front speakers for replacement - what size are these , can 6x4 s be fitted here? Can 6x9s be fitted in the back shelf without altering the metal shelf?

Thanks

SSR

Reply to
SR

Martin Joseph

Steer the car side to side and see if the pitch of the sound changes or goes away completely...

If not it's not the wheel bearing. Yo can also jack the wheels up and check for play by hand.

Sorry about the mistake on my previous message...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Removal instructions are in the Haynes manual. If you're really impatient I can type it over for you.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Thanks for the replies, and Ximinez, thanks for your kind offer , but I am not in a rush so I can just wait.

Cheers

Reply to
SR