1986 300e

I have put mine away for the winter - but when I go to start it up after about a week it there is a knock like a diesel and it takes a few minutes before it will run smoothly. After that there is no noise. Is this a sign
of maybe a worn oil pump not pushing the oil up quickly enough ? What else could it be?
Thanks
SR
Unusual for a gas engine to knock like a diesel. You don't state its mileage so we have no guide to the engine's wear. Knocks are usually from pistons or bearings. A valve lifter will tick, the timing chain rattles; the deeper the knocking sound the less you will want to hear it.
Could it be related to the drive belts?
Why are you running the engine if the car is in storage?

Is it really a KNOCK? A bit of tapping from the head end of an engine that has been sitting is normal. Also, as long as it goes away in a matter of a minute or two, you should be ok.