1986 300E

Hello,
Which is the best engine coolant to use? I vaguely remember reading that Mercedes' own coolant is not the best - or did I get that totally wrong? Is
Zerex G05 the one to use?
Thanks
SR
Both is same.

Same thing. Exactly the same thing.
    http://articles.mbz.org/cooling/coolant /
Richard Sexton wrote:

Ok, so why is the "green stuff" bad/wrong/whatever? It's what I've got in my car now...
-tom!

aging and corrosion ...... not sure of the 'exact' details.
cheers, guenter

It's not very strongly pH buffered and can turn acidic over time. It's been seen to eat through an aluminum head rendering it useless. If your car has an iron head you're probably ok.
Thank you :)
SSR