1986 300E

I just bought a used 1986 300E and the owner did not have the owner's manual. I have been looking for the fuel filler door switch so I can put gas into the tank and can not find it. Does anyone know where it
is located?

:-) just push on the door edge.....
cheers, guenter

There is no switch. Push on the forward side of the fuel filler door (end toward the front of the car). The door is hinged so simply pushing on the front side of the door itself will flip it open.
As Roland points out; if that does not work (i.e. the door is not unlocking), then more trouble shooting is needed.